Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time keeps on slippin'... Welcome Enkai, 2008.

And just like that, the first month of the new contract is all over. 11 to go.

On Friday the Board of Ed and associated folks got together for the official welcome of the city's new ALT.

They went to the nines and gave the welcome speech in English, which they haven't done in a bit. To my recollection. But then alcohol is frequently involved, so you take your chances with my stories.

Recursive photography.


Denying Aotani-san the kiss. You'd think think I'm joking, but I have the evidence for his kissing bandit like behavior right here. And here, here, here and here.


Payback, but minus the actual kissing. I'm just a camera whore. And Japan has made me so.

Best part of the enkai was actually when I was heading to the restroom [stick with me here...] when I ran into one of my elementary school kids and her dad. And then ensued 5 mins of "playing with child/pretending to steal her bag/having her speak English/making her laugh." I'm simple. It was awesome.

In other notes, I can clearly never become an alcoholic, as after only a second weekend in a row of parties/alcohol, I'm due for a rest. No idea how folks in Japan drink as much as they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment