Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Training 100.

Not so fitting that on today, day 100 - triple digits! - I'm gonna wimp out and skip on the PT. Just an absolutely brutal headache the last day - some weird postural stiffness/strain/pull in my neck, I think - screwed up my sleep, my concentration, still hurts... blah, blah, blah... I'm a weak loser who can't hack it and we'll leave it at that, kay?

[That's all that positive reinforcement from my Marine Corps training. Or is that my mom I'm thinking of? Doti demo ii...]

Anyways, day 100 seems a fitting time for a pause, a progress check, a "let's see how all this not being a lazy fatbody thing" is going. Been avoiding any kind of time frame/check off/goals thing, because in past, having done 12 week programs a couple times, I ended up becoming so fixated on the duration and the end point, that afterwards, despite doing well, my training ended up just fizzling out.

So better, I think, to approach this as something I'll be doing, in one form or another, from now, until I... well... die, I guess. So there's your cheerful optimism for the day.

So anyways... overall... not too horrible. I guess.

I mean, I've made some decent progress, and I should appreciate that - and I'm working on it. But it's just frustrating. I mean, as recently as 5 years ago, I could bust my ass for 12 weeks and at the end be in spitting distance of the kind of shape and condition I wanted to be in. Now, after a hundred days of sucking wind and working pretty hard I find myself within spitting distance of being... about halfway to where I'd like to be. To start.

So yeah, realistically, I was in far worse shape starting out this time than last time. And yeah, I'm five years older and these things take time. But dammit, I'm a child of the late 20th century and I demand my results and instant gratification right now!

So... okay... in the last 100 days I've managed to drop 8kg/16lbs and 5.5" off my waistline. So, yeah, progress. Good. Fine. Great. But I still want to drop about another 10kg/20lbs and another 5.5" off the waistline.

[And that's the closest thing the internet is getting to actual #'s until I actually get where I want to. Because, honestly, the for real honest to god #'s are still too embarrasing.]

The calendar informs me that the next 100 days'll be up in October, around my birthday, so we'll see how it looks then.

Work in progress. Ongoing.

Nutrition - 2 coffees w/equal, cream - 2 steaks w/mayo - 2 diet sodas - 1.4L water - cheese slices/mayo - tomatoes w/salt, pepper

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great!! You'll be there soon enough and won't even realize it. XOXO Sandy

    ReplyDelete