Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pleasant Surprises.

Came back to work this Monday AM, fully prepared to dive back into classes... despite that feeling of needing a vacation from your vacation. A breakneck week in China, followed by a week of feeling like I was doing nothing but playing catch up with a variety of nonsense...

But!

Much to my surprise and delight, students don't come back and classes don't start until tomorrow. Today is basically a Teacher Work Day. So instead of jumping in headfirst to the shallow end, I get to leisurely stroll back into the daily rhythms of class and school life.

[Yeah, the pool/walk metaphor doesn't quite work there, but I'm low on caffeine. You do what you can.]

So I've cleaned out/organized my desk, distributed my gifts/omiyage from winter vacation, cut up all the pics I printed out for the kids over vacation and I'm once again surfing the school internet.

It's 10AM.

My job rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment