Thursday, January 10, 2008

Break on through to the other side.*

I've now officially entered the "Boy, do I feel crappy but not nearly as crappy as I felt yesterday" portion of our program. Thank god.

After 12 and 10 hours in bed the last two nights, one would hope I felt a little better. Though, truth be told, 12 hours of coughing and sweating doesn't really constitute rest, imho. At least we had a little generic brand Nyquil left to smooth over the bumps. Nyquil, that 13th step in any 12 step program. Good stuff.

And thanks to my illness, I did have my first official desk nap, concordant with the finest of Japanese teaching traditions.

At least that means I should be approaching some semblance of normalcy to enjoy the 3 day weekend... which seems like [though it probably isn't] the first actual weekend in a long time where I haven't had something to do.

Months seemed to fly by as Sandy's 'rents visited, I had English speech practices and contests, the runup of Xmas activities pre-China, China, family/oshogatsu week...

Be nice to really not have anything to do, just veg out and watch TV, read and surf the 'net. Would have sucked pretty hard if I was still sick... knock wood, fingers crossed, etc, etc...

*Apologies to Jim Morrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment