Friday, October 12, 2007

Jon Stewart ever so politely explains to Lynne Cheney how she is amazingly wrong.

Crooks and Liars » The Daily Show: Lynne Cheney’s Interests:
"CHENEY: You know, I think when the history books are written, that we will look back on this period of time and we will say, on 9/11, we really thought within six months, we would be attacked again, maybe six weeks. It’s been more than six years and that is not an accident. I think this administration - my husband and the President - deserve a lot of credit for that.

STEWART: Okay.

CHENEY: Good (laughter)

STEWART: Well, alright. There was, I mean, there was the anthrax thing. And then there was-well, you know, the first time they bombed the World Trade Center, it was eight years until we got attacked again. And they weren’t apparently doing anything…




CHENEY: Well, yes, but there were many attacks in between 1993 and the World Trade Centers coming down in 2001. Remember the USS Cole, for example. There were worldwide bombings going on, the bombings in embassies in Africa. So the terrorists weren’t reluctant to damage American interests and kill Americans. Friends?

STEWART: We are friends, it’s just…you know they have been doing that all these past six years. They’ve been…I mean, you know, the Spanish bombing and the English bombing and all the bombs in Iraq…

CHENEY: Yes, but I’m talking about American interests

STEWART: Aren’t we interested in…? Alright, I assumed that they were our allies."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I don't get cable and this was fun and interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete