Thursday, January 04, 2007

Lamest. New Year's Eve. Ever.


Lame as in - "lame 1 Pronunciation (lm) 1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible."

Somehow, while sleeping [how very, very sad] I managed to twist my mid/upper back so that it hurts quite a bit. Did you realize the muscles of the neck are intricately tied into the muscles of the upper back? I do. Now, that is. When turning your head = OWWW, you're in for a quiet night indeed.

Anyways, since Japan doesn't have a readily accessible medical style heating pad at the convenience store, Sandy actually picked up a heating element for carpets, which I am Macguyer-ishly using here as a heating pad.

Of course, this being Japan, it wasn't all bad, as New Year's Eve is fight night, with K-1 on live, free TV. My kinda country.


And the pain was ameliorated by Sandy's tasty Mac N' Cheese...


Her oddly shaped, yet delectable, biscuits...


And her apple crisp, who's leftovers were so enjoyed by the Adachi clan the next day, Kiko wants the recipe.

My contribution was my deviled eggs, one of only two dishes I can regularly make with any degree of success.

The other? My kick ass guacamole, thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment