Saturday, December 23, 2006

Retired Cop releases "Never Get Busted Again" [for drugs] DVD

HA - HA !!! Gosh, it's almost as if the drug war makes no sense! But that can't be true, because my government would be sure to tell me. Right?

Via the Guardian: Retired narcotics officer tells public how to hoodwink drugs police
...If anyone knows the dos and don'ts of getting busted, it is Barry Cooper. Mr Cooper, who made more than 800 drug arrests in his time with the Permian Basin drug task force, plans to begin selling the DVD on Tuesday. It is, he says, directed solely at marijuana dealers, not at dealers of harder drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine.

He told his local newspaper, the Tyler Morning Telegraph, he was following his conscience because he believed the war on drugs, specifically marijuana, was counter-productive. "I know I won't be accepted by my peers here in East Texas, but in other areas of the country I will be celebrated," he told the paper.

"When I was raiding houses and destroying families, my conscience was telling me it was wrong, but my need for power, fame and peer acceptance overshadowed my good conscience."

No comments:

Post a Comment