Sunday, July 09, 2006

A really nice surprise...

There's one boy at Tsuyazaki Elementary who is probably THE definition of an ADD kid. Constantly yelling, talking over the other kids, getting up and running around the room, and generally, making class difficult.

So anyways, during recess he runs up to me in the hall, headfirst, and jams his hand in my pocket. I can tell he's trying to leave something in my pocket so I snag him by the arm and hold on to him for a sec...

And he's trying to leave this...



It's my name, stitched into a piece of cloth.

I tell you, I almost choked up.

Okay, not really, but still... when there's a kid you assume is absolutely not getting anything at all from class... and there's all of a sudden, out of nowhere, this little bit of evidence that you made some kind of connection... well that's just damn cool.

And yeah, I was touched a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I think you cried like a little girl. I would have. That's pretty cool, bu!

    ReplyDelete