Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Katsuura Elementary School

I keep forgeting to drag the digital cam out to Katsuura Elementary School, my inaka [country] school with a total of 54 students [grades 1-6], but luckily my JTE is responsible for working on the school PTA newsletter, so she had hers out clicking away the other day...



The small school really lets me work the kids more one-on-one, which is great...



Eating lunch with the kids is usually pretty fun. Part English lesson, part Japanese lesson [for me], part desperate attempt to get some food in me, and part goofing around.



The sanensei [third graders] had memorized the DoReMe song from Sound of Music. It was, as you would expect, jaw droppingly cute.



Sometimes, children will not behave or sit down. On these occasions, sometimes, persuasion of the physical variety is useful. :)



Of course at both the Elementary Schools I'm forever tossing kids around and roughhousing... this is what I get paid to do, I am certain.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, you really look like you are in your element! Keep up the good work and try not to corrupt those kids too much!

    ReplyDelete