Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You need to be offended

Ooh, controversial! - At the risk of losing more friends...:
"While I find religion/spiritualism/magick fascinating and can admire some of the positive traits it _can_ bring out in people.
While I may like you in every other respect.
While you might be a shining example of everything that is good/right/reasonable from your belief.
While I might be equipped with a reasonable amount of academic knowledge about several faiths/belief systems.

...As far as I'm concerned it is all dangerous bullshit and the world would be a far, far better place without out.

...And I'm not sorry if that offends you - you need to be offended - you need to look at what you believe, and why, and be shaken. You need to assess why you're offended when someone 'attacks' your irrational belief by not believing the same thing and why you feel the urge to defend something that has no rational basis or evidence."

No comments:

Post a Comment