Sunday, May 30, 2010

Final Sports Day.

Last Jr High Sports Day of my 5 year JET Programme experience...


Band warms it up...


Some MCs for the day.





So... much... running...  [all day.]

Kids are awesome.











Previous graduates revisit the old haunts.

Elementary school visitors. [Undefeatable cuteness.]


Sports Day'll wear you out.

Best obstacle course'in.




3 legged race.

Jumping Rope.


I don't even know what you call this... but it's awesome.


Rodeo!



Lunchtime bento time.

Sports & Club March-on.

In the clubs relay...


...it seems to me the Judo team always draws the short straw.


They always finish dead last...

...but unfailingly with the awesome judo flip.

PTA event. I'm so good I can do it with my eyes closed.



Jr High School girls become ridiculously vicious w/the tire & rope pull.

Brilliant.

Best Japanese event, ever - kibasen!




It's not Japan if there isn't taiko...

...or synchronized performance.



End of the day...


Final thanks...



And, of course, at the end of a day in the hot sun, a beer almost as big as your head.

I am, I think, going to desperately miss this all about a year from now.

Best job ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment