Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A day of elementary school awesomeness...

C'mon, how cool is this?

This particular day at elementary school they were having a 'farewell and good luck' assembly for the this year's graduating 6th graders, which included an honored arch walk - Japan knows ceremony.


Then each of the grades paid their respects/thanks/well wishes in song, performance and music. It was, predictably, adorable. [Probably the only thing that bums me out about my computer crash last weekend was I lost the video I'd taken that day. Grrr. Argh.]
1st Graders.

2nd Graders.

The graduating 6th graders absolutely rocking out on the music - I love it when kids do taiko.

A candle lighting/passing the torch ceremony [I told you Japan knows ceremony.]



Also my last day this year at this school, and I finally played the legendary "Fruit Basket" game, fabled in the annals of the JET Programme, but I'd never actually done. More of a karuta, simon says, hot potato man, myself.

What a great class this year.

Time for lunch! [Child labor laws have no meaning in Japan.]

FEAR ME! Or find me adorable. Either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment