Saturday, May 24, 2008

So my computer died.

And that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Thankfully, most of my important stuff was backed up. Mostly online. Picasa, Google Docs, etc, etc.

In thinking about it... what I lost that I can't replace... the one that really bugs me - especially 'cause of my eye debacle this week, and missing the school sports day - was the approximately 200 pics I had snapped of the kids rehearsing for the event over the last week and a half. And the videos too. I hadn't finished editing them yet, so I hadn't backed them up online. That really sucks. I really wish I still had those.

And there was a bunch of random comedy internet pics I had planned on posting on the blog, and a bunch of comic books jpegs and other ebooks, that, honestly I hadn't gotten around to reading and wasn't sure if I would. But some of that is backed up too.

And some music I hadn't backed up. Though most of the music I had - I've got a bunch on my mp3 player I can load back onto the new computer, I imagine. I can't imagine ripping all those CDs/music I had on my old laptop - again - to the new computer. Time consuming as hell.

Overall, it could've been a lot worse. Frustrating though.

Back up your stuff, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment