Wednesday, November 02, 2016

"I mostly ate burgers covered in cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, and mustard."

Nice.  My Zero-Carb Update--and a Call for Your Stories | My Zero Carb Life: "My recent eating habits have included eating at around eight quarter-pound beef patties every day, and if I’m still hungry, I’ll have some eggs, bacon, roast beef, or whatever meat I have on hand. If I ever start craving fat again, I’ll go back to adding it, but my body just doesn’t want extra fat at the moment. I think adding fat is a very meal-by-meal and person-by-person decision. If I desire more fat, I have it!  If leaner meats appeal to me, then lean it is. I don’t calculate micros or try to force anything.  As long as I’m just eating from the animal kingdom (mostly meat with some eggs and a little dairy), I know I’ll be fine.   Yes, I was zero-carb during my third pregnancy. I’ve written about my first two pregnancies before, but wanted to share that my third pregnancy was a smooth one. I had some food aversions and nausea in my first trimester, but I just ate the meats that appealed to me and avoided the ones that made me gag.  (Chicken wings. *barf* What was wrong with me?) I mostly ate burgers covered in cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, and mustard. My favorite pregnancy meal was a bunless Monster Thickburger from Hardee’s, which is why you may have noticed an increase in their stock prices. (The Hardee’s drive-thru people recognized my minivan and knew my order by heart. At three locations.)   So I kinda eat at McDonald’s every day.  Life with three kids is super-busy, and since ThickBurgers are pricey, these days I mostly eat burger patties from McDonald’s. Every day I order eight quarter pound beef patties, just the meat. That gives me two pounds of beef for $8.00 (prices vary from store to store; I live in North Carolina), meaning that I can get my patties for $4/pound. I can barely get raw meat in the grocery store for less than that! I also love hitting the drive-thru daily because my kids take naps in the minivan while I’m fixing my breakfast/lunch/dinner.  Multitasking at its finest."


No comments:

Post a Comment