Monday, March 30, 2015

Training - "I feel complacency trying to burrow into my body every day like a cancer. Every day, I greet it with my middle finger."

3/30 - squats, hanging knee raise, calf raise, sauna


Bodybuilding.com - This Is Why I Lift: "I take this path because it demands individual effort and individual respect. Your fears are revealed only to yourself, without judgement or expectation. People in the gym spend years just repping out. They think they're maintaining, but really, they're just waiting for time to catch up with them... DON'T JUST REP OUT 

Take pain or pass judgment? The weak will always choose the latter. You think I'm lonely and sad because I think this way. What's the alternative? To celebrate your life sentence with bad TV and Ronald McDonald? I've had it with people who only crank out wasted reps of weakness, consume only shitty calories, and steal the time of others. Over time, I've lost all communication skills with these people, because they don't feel anything. But I don't protest. Their numbed existence only gives me more room to grow.

I feel complacency trying to burrow into my body every day like a cancer. Every day, I greet it with my middle finger. Any weight I have yet to move taunts me. Intensity I have yet to push through invites me. Reps I have yet to encounter jeer at me. If I get caught off guard, even for a second, I'll lose my head. I embrace my primitive survival instincts to keep it real and raw. I'll always have unfinished business. If my muscle fibers remain intact, I've got work to do. This is why I lift."


Squat. Press. Pull.: ""If the bar feels heavy. Step one is to grow a set of balls. Seriously. Sometimes shit is heavy – that’s why it’s powerlifting. You want easy weights, go hop on a leg press, preferably the pin loaded version. That way you can pump out reps while you read the paper or update your Facebook page. Pussy."— Dave Tate (Dave Tate’s Free Squat Manual)"


warrior prose - Words from Dave Tate - Words from Dave Tate: "Once the bar is loaded and your set comes around, you find this place that I really can’t explain. From the time you approach the bar to the time the set is over, there’s nothing. The fight you had with your girlfriend that day? Gone. Your finals? Gone. Your work issues? Gone. Your bills? Gone. The asshole across the gym? Gone. The bullies? Gone. The hurt? Gone. The mental pain is now replaced with physical pain, but this is pain that you crave, because the load you’ve been carrying all your life in now resting on your back – and you have the power to smash it."






No comments:

Post a Comment