Friday, August 15, 2014

Training - PRs/Progress - "I believe in challenging yourself so that you can change yourself."

8/14 - deadlifts, pulldowns, back xt, seated rows, knee/leg raises, neck nods/rotations


PR/Progress testing the last few weeks.  New PRs in 5 of 6 [weighted] and 2 of 3 [bodyweight] benchmark lifts/exercises.  [Squats done with a belt, DL w/chalk & belt.]  And at least matched PRs in those other two movement that I didn't improve on.  
  Nothing earth shattering or world breaking [that's why they're PRs, not WRs] but overall I'm pretty pleased with my progress for what amounts to, honestly, only a year of solid barbell work.  Before that, basically a lot of bodyweight and adjustable dumbbell work [rounds of P90X+ and P90X2 back in the US, prior to BKK.]  Which was great, and I made gains/got in good shape doing that, but the bar is a whole different beast.  [Also, I had to fundamentally relearn to squat, not having done it, honestly, since HS football.]  About another 9 months in my current location so I'm interested to see how much I can push the strength gains in that time.  The next few months - say, through the end of 2014] I'm gonna chase the Holy Grail of strength/muscle gains while cutting bodyfat and leaning out.  So, tightening up the nutrition & upping the conditioning while trying to push bigger weights [but probably/possibly reducing overall lifting volume.]  Onwards.  

Timeline Photos - Amy Updike IFBB Pro: "I believe in change. I believe in determination. I believe in setting goals. I believe in challenging yourself so that you can change yourself. I believe not everything in life is easy. I believe that sometimes things get really really hard and it's difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I believe in hope. I believe in having faith in yourself. I believe in trying so hard that someday you can look back and know that you gave it your ALL. I believe in me."










No comments:

Post a Comment