Friday, July 11, 2014

Training - "Our bodies reflect who we are, what we think of ourselves, and how we feel toward others."

7/11 - squats 


T Nation | Phoenix Theory: "No one needed to "fat shame" me. I fat shamed myself. How did I get this way? I'd gotten in pretty good shape in high school. But in the three years that followed I'd fallen apart: no training of any type coupled with out-of-control eating habits. I was a sloppy mess. Standing there with my shirt off I felt humiliated, but I really didn't need to worry: I was invisible. Paradoxically, that's what being fat does to a person. The fatter you get, the more socially invisible you become, especially to the opposite sex. Our bodies reflect who we are, what we think of ourselves, and how we feel toward others. Your physique is your message to the world, the first message people will hear when they meet you... perhaps even the loudest message. My body was telling people I was lazy and stupid."




 Slack's Greatest Rivalries: Willie Pep versus Sandy Saddler | FIGHTLAND: "Against the average boxer or puncher, Pep would circle the ring, normally to his left, and wait for his opponent to follow. When they did, Pep would step in and land a stiff punch on their snout. It was simple, but he turned it into an art form."
Slack's Greatest Rivalries: Willie Pep versus Sandy Saddler | FIGHTLAND: "Pep stiff arms Saddler's chest to prevent Saddler from stepping in, then lands a crisp 1-2, angles off to his left side and comes in with a southpaw left hook. Just beautiful work."


Hercules, then and now.  Steve Reeves and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.








No comments:

Post a Comment