Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Good evening..."






"A message from Anonymous I have no ideas on what to get my girl for valentines day! Any ideas?
Can never go wrong with some jewelry in my opinion. Diamonds get the dick sucked."






"Just a group of guys who "get it.""










 "Joe Biden: The eyes of the world are on him. He's sitting in one of only two seats behind his boss. His only job is to not draw attention to himself. PSSH YEAH, OKAY. Herrrrrre's Biden"


"I defy you to find a better way to reach Gen Xers who distrust the government (by which I mean, “Gen Xers”) than a parody of terrible Saturday morning cartoons from 30 years ago."


"The local federal drug task force dressed in black and wearing masks kicked in the doors an traumatized my entire family. Including chasing my 9 yo daughter through the house with a 9 mm as she ran for her life and having my entire family including elderly parents lie on the ground with guns held inches from our heads. Why ? Because my pothead 18 yo nephew, who had been staying at my mothers house, car was spotted at a drug house on two occasions. Which a local judge thought was enough probable cause to issue a no knock search warrant. No evidence of drugs were found although they claimed that the sandwich bags they took from the kitchen drawer on their way out of the house could have been used for selling drugs.  ...the house was worth almost a million dollars and had been paid for for years. Which one lawyer suggested may have been the real reason for the raid. That was the day the police quit being the good guys.
In covering police militarization for about the last 10 years, I hear these stories fairly often. They are of course anecdotes, left in comments threads, emailed to me or told to me in person. So I hear one side. I’m sure some are exaggerated. Possibly some are made up entirely. But I doubt all or even most of them are. What I find striking is that (a) they’re usually told to me by white, upper middle class people, and (b) they’re usually tales of raids that were never covered by any media outlet. What this suggests to me is that for every mistaken or botched raid you hear or read about in the news, there’s probably a subset of raids that are never reported. (It’s worth noting that this raid probably wouldn’t even be considered botched — the guy the police were looking for did live at the address.) Inevitably, the person relaying the story will say they were too frightened or traumatized to go the media or hire an attorney. That, or they feared repercussions if they did."

"What does it take for a police officer to get fired? Beating a man over a parking dispute, then lying about the incident in a police report: Not fired. Lying about vacation days to cover up an extramarital affair: Fired...

A Tennessee police officer who was found passed out drunk behind the wheel of his private car, with the engine running, was not arrested by his fellow officers. Instead, they took him home. One officer actually said in the police report, “If this was any other citizen they would have been arrested.” Bonus: He taught DUI classes." 




No comments:

Post a Comment