Monday, November 14, 2011

Embassy Volleyball Tournament 2011.

This past weekend was the Embassy's Volleyball Tourney.  I was recruited for a team and thusly did  venture forth, to do battle.  [Above, from the t-shirt, on right a take-off of a political slogan from the recent election/old Liberian proverb.  My idea, actually.  On occasion, I do have them.]
But before I could venture forth, some doctoring was required...
A team practice the previous weekend left me with an array of hobbling blisters and sand burns.  Which didn't improve during the week.  Lesson learned = that 5 years barefooting on tatami in Japan + very specific calluses developed in MA training are somewhat useful, but there isn't a whole lotta crossover.
Disinfected, alcohol-ed, taped [duct tape fixes everything] and thusly girded for combat.
Men of action, clearly.
Referee-ing from on high, with power, authority and confidence.
Warm Up 101.
Deadly Powers of Concentration.  If only we could have harnessed that force for good.  Or, you know, victory.
My form, impeccable.  My style, omni-directional.
Games Aftermath.
The Team.
Sadly, we could only go 2-2, scoring 3rd place in the tourney.  But we got some free drink tickets out of it.  So that counts as a win in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment