Monday, March 28, 2011

The week in food.

We'll start with food prepped this past week for the Mrs, above.  Not too shabby for a dude fighting illnesses gleaned from adorable, yet infectious, children.  In particular take note of the middle right side of the pic - that's right - HOT DOG SANDWICH.  Fear my creativity, bitches.

Below, shared omiyage from the Brussels airport gift shop, an assortment of cheese.  Two I really enjoyed, one was "eh" and the other I was not a fan of.  But still, check out my classiness, with requisite cheese tray and utensils. 

Above, my relatively on point nutritional intake for the week, including 2 gallons of artificially sweetened iced tea, to help wean me off of all the caffeine and diet soda I threw down in Japan, 7 cups of coffee [one a day, on average,] 2 protein shakes, about 7 liters of water [need to drink more] and 3 diet cokes.

Below, my Friday eve/Saturday free/cheat day - featuring a Hawaiian pizza and Ben & Jerry's.  Good stuff. 

Which leads into the outline of my ever-evolving ever-tweaking nutritional plan as I head into Month 4 of "Get my Ass into Shape 2011."  Continuing with a mostly low-carb'ish Primal - Paleo approach with occasional intermittent fasting.   New tweaks are establishing a daily upper limit guideline for carbs - no more than 100 carbs a day [at max] - 6 days a week - but on day 7 a moderate to high carb day [like above] a la the cyclic ketogenic diet, which will allow some latitude for social events, cravings and the possible higher caloric need of restarting a run at P90X.   

No comments:

Post a Comment