Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Watched - August.

So despite traversing from Japan to the US, and running up and down the East Coast while jumping State Dept hurdles and visiting family, through the magic of the internets and my trusty laptop I was duly entertained.

The Daily Show, Burn Notice, Penn & Teller - Bullshit, Eureka, Sherlock, The IT Crowd, The Boondocks, Leverage, Lie to Me, The Closer, Louie, The Next Iron Chef [even though I already knew who won, I love me some Iron Chef America when I can find it], Breakthrough w/Tony Robbins, Pioneer One & Better Off Ted.

In the theaters - The Expendables, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World - both of which rocked pretty hard.

Lord of War - I'd watched this years ago and remembered it as pretty good and for some reason had been jonezing to catch it again.  Been on my radar to do it for a while now...  And having rewatched it - still a really good flick - but the kicker, maybe subconsciously I remembered it, but a good portion of it is about running guns in Liberia, featuring pastiches of former Liberian president Charles Taylor and his son.  Watched it today...  and I leave for Liberia tomorrow.

True fact.  Crazy.





Conquest of Hawaii - excellent documentary on the history of the islands...  wow, did they get screwed over by the US.  American imperialism, maybe not at its worst, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment