Saturday, March 27, 2010

Louis CK lead the learning curve on the Catholic Church by a couple years - *Bonus win quotes from Matt Taibbi.*

How did I miss this? From 2007, yet completely relevant. Wicked satire. Even I was like 'WTF?' - and I'm rarely surprised. Funny in that 'wow it's amazingly uncomfortable... yet, you know, you know, kind of true.'

The Catholic Church is a Criminal Enterprise - Matt Taibbi - Taibblog - True/Slant:
"Anyone who’s interested in losing his lunch should read... New York archbishop Timothy Dolan in defense of Pope Benedict; the archbishop’s incredibly pompous and self-pitying rant is some of the most depraved horseshit I’ve ever seen on the internet, which is saying a lot.

...I almost couldn’t believe my eyes as I read through Dolan’s retort and it dawned on me that he was actually going to use the “We weren’t the only child molesters!” excuse. Dolan must have very roomy man-robes, because it seems to me you’d need a set of balls like two moons of Jupiter to say such a thing in public and expect it to fly.

...Dolan is trying to get us to focus on the 1962 case, but the truth is that as recently as this last decade, the Church’s doctrinal office elected to proceed with church trials for less than 10% of the 3000 cases of abuse reported to them between the years of 2000 and 2010.

...They’re a giant for-profit company using predatory salesmanship to sell what they themselves know is a defective, outmoded, basically unnecessary product. They’ll use any means necessary to keep their market share and if they have to lie and cheat and deflect and point fingers to keep the racket going, they’ll do it, just like any other sleazeball company."

No comments:

Post a Comment