Sunday, May 10, 2009

Watched 4/27-5/10.

Real Time w/Bill Maher - I go back and forth on Maher, I think he's spot-on at times, but the last episode I caught he was making glib jokes about torture to a guest that had actually suffered torture and later went off on a pointless gun control rant. Didn't dig it at all. Gonna be off my watchlist for a while I think.

GI Joe Resolute
- updated cartoon w writing by Warren Ellis. A PG-13 version of the childhood classic. Pretty good.

Sit Down Shut Up - with such a great voice cast, there's a lot of suck here. Bounced.

House - a couple standard House eps... but the writing and the characters kick all sorts of ass - "If I get drunk enough there's a chance I might make out with one of the strippers. Or become one." - "Have you seen Caligula?" - "I need you to kidnap me."

Robot Chicken Season 3
DVDs. Brilliant.

Parks and Recreation
- showing more potential. I almost wrote off this ep till the end and Ron's quote - "I did it because I hate bureaucracy. My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room, at a desk, and the only thing he's allowed to decide is who to nuke. The man is chosen based on some kind of IQ test. And maybe some kind some kind of physical tournament. Like a decathlon. And women are brought to him. Maybe. When he desires them." Hilarious.

Office - It's funny, this is a few weeks late... but I kinda hated Idris Elba on the Office, but now, having watched The Wire, the juxtaposition is pretty fucking brilliant.

Dollhouse - holy jesus, Alan Tudyk was insanely good guesting in this episode. Part one of two...

The Wire, seasons 1-5 - holy fuck is this good TV. Some of the best I've watched in a long time. Favorite season was probably season 3. Least, probably the last season, even though it was still pretty genius. Best character - Omar... and maybe Brother Mouzone, though the latter was only there a real little bit. Most annoying - McNulty. Heart of the series - Bunk... maybe Lester. Naw, had to be Bubbles.

"How can ya'll do what ya'll do every day and not wanna get high?" - "I don't wanna go to no dance unless I can rub some tit." - "You know why I respect you so much Bunk? ... it's not cause you're good police. ..it's because when it came time for you to fuck me, you were so damn gentle - Damn right. I knew it was your first time. I wanted to make that shit special."

Also 30 Rock, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, The Ultimate Fighter, Lie to Me, Reaper, Breaking Bad, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report and The Mentalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment