Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Well, that kind of sucked.

Wife safely off at the airport. [Arriving at the gate in Tokyo/Narita in 4m, according to FlightStats, anyways.] I cried like a girl, a little bit. A big, strong, manly girl, of course.

Trained and taxied home, to my seemingly amazingly large and quiet apt. Yelled at the empty walls a little bit, and now going to drown my sorrows with convenience store junk food and mind-numbing internet surfing.

It's all good, all for the best, new adventure, following dreams, etc, etc. Gonna take some getting used to though. More later...

4 comments:

  1. Awww, all the best man. Us virtual internet light entities will try to keep you entertained and distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to think of something witty to say, but it would just come off sound mean-spirited or something. So instead I'll take the candid route and say that it's so cool that, instead of relishing your new-found freedom, there's sadness and quiet reflection. Kudos man. I (almost) wish I had that kind of love in my life.

    But hey, think of if this way. You've lost a wife (for now) but gained a training buddy (for now)! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, "witty" all ya like. Some tough love wouldn't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete