Tuesday, December 02, 2008

What I've Read - "The King of Torts" by John Grisham.

Another JET Programme Mid-Year conference bake/book/charity sale pickup. I used to read a buncha the Grisham books, again, usually second hand from my dad. So I picked this one up. [For 100 yen, why not?]

It was... okay, I guess. I'll admit it sucked me in, but honestly I kept reading because it always seemed like it was just on the verge of something really interesting happening. But it never really did. The characters weren't all that likeable, the twists - what there were of them - I kinda saw coming, and I thought the moralizing was kind of heavy handed.

Amazon.com: The King of Torts: John Grisham: Books:
"Set in the cut-throat world of the public defender's office in Washington DC, The King of Torts touches all the usual bases. Grisham's hero this time is an ambitious young lawyer who is handed a case that initially appears to be nothing more than one of the host of crack cocaine killings that plague the capital. But as he digs deeper, the tentacles of a massive conspiracy begin to appear: a conspiracy that has implications for nothing less than the entire justice system itself...(Kirkus UK)"

No comments:

Post a Comment