Sunday, September 21, 2008

Katsuura Undokai Addendum #2 - Is it possible to be nostalgic about something while you're still there?

[The mountains of Katsuura.]
From 2008-09-20

So, as the day wound down and I was helping out with the lifting and toting and putting away of things... I couldn't help but think about what I'd been suppressing most of the day [my powers of denial are mighty.] And that is that today was probably my last ever undokai at Katsuura. If this is my last year on JET, and it most likely is... this was it. My last sports day her. I don't know how it works exactly, but thinking about, looking at the mountains that surround the area and the school, as the folks mill about, twinges of nostalgia/sadness/I don't know what started tweaking in my chest.

Apropos of nothing in particular, and even if this wasn't my last year, it would all have to end sometime... I'm just going to miss it, is all. The kids, the community, the experiences... mostly the kids though. They're pretty great.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment