Friday, April 04, 2008

Priceless, indeed. [+ Learning from Comics.]

The Race Card, by Michael Davis - ComicMix news:
"The black woman I was talking to spent the next few minutes just hating on Kamila and me. She insulted me by telling me that I was not black and that my girlfriend was just a ho I most likely was paying to be with me. Finally after three or four minutes of this she said “What does she have that I don’t have?” Now remember she had just insulted my girlfriend and me. I looked at her and calmly said. “She’s white and knows how to make an egg sandwich and when to shut up. But most of all, what I see in her is she’s not you.”

Black Armani suit: $2,500.00

Valet Parking Beverly Hills Hotel: $20.00

Tips to waiters at the open bar at the party: $40.00

Shutting up a bigot at a huge Hollywood party: Priceless.

There are some things in life that are priceless. For everything else there’s The You’re Not My Mastercard… bitch.


I am a very proud black man. I don’t care what color you are, you fall in love with who you fall in love with… period.

I love the vibe at comic book conventions. Ours is a world full of like-minded people who don’t see color. We see the world as it should be. We are content to be who we are and let others be who they are. We worry about important stuff, like whether Superman can beat the Hulk. He would beat him like his personal little BIC-TCH by the way.

...The world could learn a lot from how comic book fans conduct ourselves. At comic book conventions if you see a black man walking with a white girl it means nothing. For that matter, if you see a white girl walking with a Wookie we don’t bat an eye..."

No comments:

Post a Comment