Thursday, December 13, 2007

Is it true? Probably not...

...but sometimes it feels like it.

And that's some good writing, too.

"My Common Enemy":
"Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine."


You know, one of the best parts of my job is that no matter what kind of bastard-ly mood I wake up in, it is nigh impossible to maintain that in the face of scores [okay, we'll say 2 out of 3] of enthusiastic, cheerful Jr High School students.

I won't say it never fails... but often enough, some cheery, goofy kids who want to try out English with the ALT just makes my god-damn day.

The JET Programme, preventing bastardism since 2005. [At least.]

No comments:

Post a Comment