Saturday, November 24, 2007

Navy defeats Notre Dame.

I missed this when it happened, but damn! Even I feel that twinge of alumni pride in this one. We came close, once, in the four years I was there to beating Notre Dame... but no joy in Mudville that day.

Look Around, There's a Lot to See - washingtonpost.com:
"How about a cheer for the Navy football team? The Midshipmen beat Notre Dame, 46-44, in triple overtime last Saturday, Navy's first win over the Fighting Irish in 44 years! I know that Notre Dame is not that good this season -- 1 win and 8 losses -- but I bet the Fighting Irish didn't try to recruit many (if any) of the players now on Navy's team. So it was a huge win for Navy.

Forty-four years is a long time. When Navy last beat Notre Dame in football, Nov. 2, 1963, John F. Kennedy was president, the Beatles had yet to appear in the United States and boxer Muhammad Ali was still known as Cassius Clay."

No comments:

Post a Comment