Sunday, November 25, 2007

Being an ALT is, as the kids say, "teh" awesome.



So.

My 3rd graders had to write a short "essay" on their midterm tests about somebody they respect.

So I'm helping grade countless essays about Ichiro [yes, he is as popular as you think], and Matsuzaka, as they're worshipped here. And about Edison, Mother Theresa and Alexander Graham Bell, as they were subjects of English lessons this year. And the occasional essay about mom, dad, big brother or big sister...

And then...

And then I get to grade two essays about... me?

Yeah, actually.

Me.

I have to say, I don't think I've felt quite that good about... well... anything?

Ever?

Well, that's a bit much, but it's for goddamned sure the best I've ever felt about anything work related. Yeah, ever.

"...So I like English classes. I have never spoken to foreigners before. I want to be a teacher abroad."

"...His classes are very enjoyable... I want to be like him."

Seriously, how are those not the mostest bestest thing of all time?

"Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is so awesome. It's things like that which make being a JET so worth it.

    On a related note, your 3rd Year kids write better English than some of my 3rd Year kids ._.'

    ReplyDelete