Monday, September 17, 2007

"A Colorful Slice of The Past" - a photoset on Flickr


Fascinating.



A Colorful Slice of The Past - a photoset on Flickr:
"These scans come from my rather large magazine collection. Instead of filling my house with old moldy magazines, I scanned them (in most cases, photographed them) and filled a storage area with moldy magazines. Now they reside on an external harddrive. I thought others might appreciate these tidbits of forgotten history.

I have no political agenda. I am simply displaying a "slice" of the Social History of people of color in the 20th century as recorded by popular periodicals. You might notice many of the women shown are "lighter than a paper bag." As the fifties wore on that "interesting" trend started to change and all hues started to be depicted. As they say, history "is what it is." That fact, and some rather strange articles, is what I wish to share."

Hat tip Warren Ellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment