Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I need more positive, that's for damn sure.

The Occupational Adventure (sm): Feed the positive & eliminate the toxic:
"Every day we're surrounded by inputs that either feed our energy or drain it. And for the most part we don't spend all that much time managing those inputs.

Stop for a minute and look at your own life. What feeds your positive energy? What sucks it away? What makes you feel good and optimistic? What casts a dreary pall over your outlook on life?

Several years ago I swore off watching television news. I realized that it was adding nothing to my life, that I could get my information about the world in other ways, and that the "if it bleeds it leads" nature of it left me feeling crappy.

After "detoxing" for many years, I find that watching the news has a strongly negative impact on me. I didn't notice it when I was constantly exposed to it, but now I realize just how extraordinarily toxic it really is.

There are a lot of things like that in our lives. Things that suck our energy away and feed a negative outlook. Often we have gotten so accustomed to them that we don't even think about what life might be like without them in the picture. For example, sometimes there are people in our lives who are so invested in staying stuck that they habitually ooze pessimism over the dreams of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment