Sunday, May 20, 2007

The internet can do some amazing things. *UPDATED WITH VIDEO*







A while ago I posted a Youtube vid of the son of a great Japanese English teacher I work with at Katsuura Elementary. He's only in 4th grade, but he was practicing piano and covering a song of British soul artist Nate James. The vid is here - Ryo.

Well, guess who else saw it? British soul artist Nate James! And when he came to Japan recently on tour, he invited Ryo and his family up to Tokyo to play with him on stage. How very, very cool is that?

Akemi, his mom who I teach with, sent me a couple pics from the concert last week, and the other pic I got from the Yahoo News Japan article about it here -
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070518-00000661-bark-musi

*UPDATED*

So, apparently, this very cool tale is making the rounds on some of the Japanese TV shows. I think this is from Fuji TV. Continued coolness.