Monday, February 19, 2007

Glitch in the Matrix? Or the Secret of the Meaning of Life? Even odds, I think.

Friend of mine who shares my interests in the odd, the occult and the ever strange sent me an email earlier today that rambled on, in part -
"I actually did a lucid dreaming check where I tried to look around and rearrange letters, the room, change faces, etc just to see if I was in a dream and could become lucid... Surprise, it was for real.. what's the deal with that??"
I, of course, wrote back, inquiring exactly how high he was at the time.

Not four hours later, reading through a book I'm working on of late, I come across this:
"A good method for learning the art of lucid dreaming - waking up within a dream - is to ask yourself at random moments during the day: "Am I dreaming this?" Most of the time, after asking this question, you'll answer, "No, I'm not dreaming." But there may come a time, after you've formed the habit of asking this question, when you realize that you really are dreaming. You instantly become lucid - that is, awake - within the dream."
So.

You have to ask, how did he do that?

Or did I?

Or was it The Universe?

Or something else altogether?

Coincidence? Synchronicity? Schizophrenia?

Like Neo might say - "There is no spoon." Or "Whoah." Or something.

Either way... well done, yeah?

1 comment:

  1. Didn't I tell ya...you should have taken the blue pill when you had the chance.

    Now, you are forever locked within in the Matrix.

    ReplyDelete