Sunday, December 10, 2006

I do this for fun.

Ry, a fine young [okay, my age, but I refuse to admit to aging] gentleman working on his doctorate [in 20th century poetry, no less - who says Renaissance men are dead?], and whom Kevin and I used to roll Jiu-Jitsu with on occasion, was visiting Fukuoka from his current abode in Tokyo, and was goodly enough to take the 20 minute train ride to Fukutsu for a workout. Also joining us was fellow Fukutsu ALT Jon, a terror in kickboxing, thanks to his TaeKwonDo background [one of the few I've met who can make his TKD functional] and together we all spent 3 or so hours, well... beating each other up.

Working the clinch...


Ry about to eat a knee...


"Smell my shoulder" says Jon. Or something like that.


Now, is this Ry effectively countering the takedown, or freaking out like a little girl?


This is not where I want to be.
Also, this picture makes my ass look fat.
Okay... my fat ass makes my ass look fat.
Shut up.


PAYBACK!


Now I don't wanna break my arm patting myself on the back...
But this... this is pretty.
Ry, meet high amplitude. And go for a ride.


Workout break!


Now Ry, I didn't mention this this afternoon...
but, the bottom of the mount?... yeah, that's not where you want to be...


The best part of this pic, as Jon and Ry work escapes from back control, is the fact that as I take the pic, Ry is totally focusing on the camera instead of the drill.
You vain, vain bastard :)


See, what this pic means is that I move too fast to be captured on film.
[Okay, it's just my crappy point and shoot camera.]


Ry has such pretty form.


And the official "We're finished working out" group photo.
Notice how vaguely uncomfortable Jon looks with my arm around his shoulder?
I'm married Jon, no need to worry :)


I now anxiously await the CD of high speed, high quality pics taken by Ry on his ridiculously expensive camera...

1 comment:

  1. The bruises I woke up with were the ugliest I have ever seen; I even had to take a picture. Maybe I'll put them up on my site!

    ReplyDelete