Saturday, April 30, 2011

Training.

Weird/bad couple days diet and exercise-wise...  the Mrs is out of town/upcountry, which throws off my sleep, throws off my motivation, throws off my energy, throws off my food prep...  All just excuses, in the end.  But it was what it was.  So Wed-Fri missed wkouts and ate like crap.  Figured I'd make Wed my weekly free/cheat/rest day, but still leaves Thurs/Fri as screw ups/off the wagon.

So today back to it, and to "make up" for the missing wkouts, I did today's workout AND 2 more workouts that I missed earlier in the week.  So about 2.5-3 hours of PT.  Which ultimately, is probably counter-productive, overly catabolic, wrong-headed and unnecessary, but...

4/30 - P90X D20 - Kenpo X, Abs [x2], Shoulders & Arms, Legs & Back
4/29 - P90X D19 - Missed Wkout
4/28 - P90X D18 - Missed Wkout
4/27 - P90X D17 - Rest/Free/Off

Funny, where my early Catholic indoctrination rears its ugly head.  Despite leaving the craziest of the invisible sky-daddy mythology and his god warriors behind me - the urge to "punish" myself and do penance [of 3 hours of PT] for my "transgressions" [of missing workouts] was damn nigh overwhelming.  And if I hadn't done it today, it would have weighed heavily on my mind, I'm sure.

Hmmm...  I wonder what it's like to be psychologically healthy and not have been brainwashed by guilt, shame, fear and punishment from infancy?  Just like the question of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop - the world may never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment