Friday, May 15, 2009

Bill Hicks on the The 'War' on Drugs

God I love me some Bill Hicks.
"I got nothing against drugs. I got NOTHING against drugs, I think it's a personal choice, just like alcohol, just like cigarettes. As long as that personal choice doesn't infringe upon the freedoms of another person's personal choice. Really, that's the end of the story. That's called logic, it'll help you. George Bush says "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it. Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side...

...the war on drugs is fucking hypocrisy, it's a lie, that's why it's not going to work. Alcohol and cigarettes kills more people than crack, coke and heroin COMBINED. So the war on drugs is kind of a cocksuck, isn't it?

...you never see a positive drug story on the news... I've had some killer times on drugs. I'm not promoting it, but I'm not denying it either. Always that same LSD story, you’ve all seen it. ‘Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.’ What a dick! Fuck him, he’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn’t he take off on the ground first? Check it out. You don’t see ducks lined up to catch elevators to fly south—they fly from the ground, ya moron, quit ruining it for everybody. He’s a moron, he’s dead—good, we lost a moron, fuckin’ celebrate. Wow, I just felt the world get lighter. We lost a moron! I don’t mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am, so that’s the way it comes out. Professional help is being sought. How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn’t that be news-worthy, just the once? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition and lies? I think it would be news-worthy. ‘Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we’re the imagination of ourselves’ . . . ‘Here’s Tom with the weather."

Seen before - heck I own the DVD, but today's reminder brought to you by Dosenation - Video: Bill Hicks - The 'War' on Drugs

1 comment: