Friday, November 03, 2006

It never fails. *updated*

Positively Jungian, yes?

Via the DenverPost.com:
Ted Haggard, one of the most prominent evangelical pastors in the nation, resigned today as president of the National Association of Evangelicals amid allegations that he carried on a three-year sexual relationship with a male prostitute.
C'mon, look at the picture. Even MY gaydar goes off on that one.



**Update** Via NPR:
Haggard Admits Buying Drugs, Getting Massage

Via ABC:
Haggard denied the sex allegations but said that he did buy meth from the man because he was curious.

"I bought it for myself but never used it," he said. "I was tempted, but I never used it."
"Massage."

"...I never used" the drugs I bought.

Riiiiiiight.

See, this is the same old, same old. First - the absolute denial. Then - when you see there's actual evidence against you - in this case the saved voice mails - you "confess" only to those things you think that can absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, be proven against you.

He makes Baby Jesus cry.

You know, I hope there's video somewhere. I can't stand hypocritical religious folk who make careers out of condemning others [to an eternity of painful torture in hell, mind you] for the same things they do behind closed doors. Goes to show - thanks Jung - anyone who spends an inordinate amount of time railing against the "failings" of others more than likely has that issue themselves.

But it does make me happy to think that a good deal of hatred spitting homophobes are gay. Really gay. Like assless-chaps-San Francisco-gay.

1 comment:

  1. you have gaydar? i learn so much about you with every passing day.

    ReplyDelete