Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"...bad guys are so much more fun. That's the bottom line."





"The series will see Grayson -- presumed dead to the world following the events of "Forever Evil" -- take an undercover position at spy agency Spyral, a product of "Batman Incorporated." The career shift comes at the urging of Batman himself, who convinces the original Robin he needs to stay "dead."

"He's doing something that's going to cause pain to his friends and family, but he believes in the cause," King is quoted. "That tension between having to do something good but having the cost of it being pain to his family, it drives him a little crazy." As pointed out by USA Today, King brings a level of verisimilitude to the series: He's a former CIA counter-terrorism officer."


"The product starts with 12 pieces of the Ann Arbor, Mich.-based chain’s boneless chicken and includes layers of Domino’s sauces, cheeses and pizza toppings to create four varieties of the side item: Crispy Bacon & Tomato, Spicy Jalapeño-Pineapple, Classic Hot Buffalo and Sweet BBQ Bacon. Specialty Chicken will be available in Domino’s $5.99 mix-and-match value offer that also lets customers select the chain’s pastas, sandwiches and medium, two-topping pizzas."


Hail HYDRA: Brett Dalton on Ward's "Agents of SHIELD" Team Shift - Comic Book Resources: "You know, bad guys are so much more fun. That's the bottom line. Certainly as an actor, what it does is make this character so much more complex and that's so fun to play. I think what the writers do a really good job of is -- I can't really tell you too much other than, it's not like the writers flip a switch and all of a sudden, Ward is evil and I'm twirling my mustache and I'm petting a cat for the rest of the season. I think they do a really good job of fleshing that out and possibly explaining things. I think they do a really good job of developing the character so that it's not a switch for pure shock value. You do understand why he is the way he is. I just think it's so fun to play and to have all of my scenes -- many of my scenes -- with Bill Paxton, it's so much fun, and I can't remember having that much fun on set.  There's a certain freedom to that. Something about when you don't have to follow the rules -- think about how much fun pirates must have! Geez! It feels like that. It feels like suddenly, this other character that's been there all the time, and that person gets to come out, and there's a freedom in that. I've certainly enjoyed playing [it] and I certainly hope everybody watching it enjoys seeing that turn, and also I'm okay with being the guy that you love to hate, too. If that's what I become, I'm okay with that."


Great.  Morning Links: 
"Another troubling breakdown in the line of demarcation between domestic police and the military: The FBI has been participating in military raids overseas."







No comments:

Post a Comment