Sunday, April 05, 2009

Too much time on your hands...

...+ having a wife stateside makes you realize random things. Thinking too much...

The obvious, yet slightly disconcerting thing I happened upon this weekend is the fact that despite drinking it, off and on, for the last 15 years [including a cup this AM] - I don't particularly like coffee. I like the sugar/sweetener I add, and I like the cream I add, but the coffee itself... not so much. I've always taken it with sugar/milk or some variation thereof, and that combined with the caffeine hit - which, really, is what I enjoy about it, led me to be a "coffee drinker." But having removed a lot of the processed sugar out of my life - mostly - over the last couple years, including in my coffee... and recently phasing out at least the packets of artificial sweetener I used to use... I come to find out that I don't really like coffee. I drink it for the jumpstart in the AM.

Likewise for tea, actually. Despite spending the first 17 years of my life drinking several glasses - at least - a day, of southern style sweetened tea. Sweet tea is basically caffeinated sugar water, and it's not really the "tea" in the tea that I liked.

More and more, water all the time, I guess. If I could kick the exceedingly-bad-for-me diet sodas. It's really the caffeine addiction that's doing it to me...

Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment