Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"They were selling me boredom, and responsibility, and a tiresome, repetitive, unexceptional trip through this existence."

Joe Rogan, philosopher king, waxes on prepping for his next comedy special, and drops nuggets of wisdom...

The Joe Rogan Blog » Conduit to the Gaian Mind » I’m filming a SpikeTV comedy special Thursday, March 5th in Columbus, Ohio:
"...I really had no fucking idea who I was or what I was doing, and I was painfully insecure.

I was also slowly starting to be aware of how much of this world ran on completely illogical momentum - where miserable people living exhausting lives are training their children to take the next position in the wheel. I had no idea what I was going to do for a living, and I always felt like a loser.

One thing I did know though, is that whatever they were selling with this “get a job” life I wasn’t buying it. They were selling me boredom, and responsibility, and a tiresome, repetitive, unexceptional trip through this existence.

I had no idea what I was going to do with my life, but I knew that there was no fucking way I was going to be able to show up at a job I hate every day."

No comments:

Post a Comment