Sunday, December 07, 2008

"The 5th Presentation of Chikuzen Area's English Speeches."

This year, like last year, we had a regional English speech presentation. Not a contest, as there was no competition, just an exchange of culture and whatnot. Whereas we had three slots for students last year, this year we only had one. But I spent the last two weeks or so coaching her after school and during lunch time when she was free.

So, on Saturday AM, I and a couple other English teachers headed out to Dazaifu to check out all the speeches.

The view from the cheap seats.
From 2008-12-07

My student, who gave the best recitation of her speech in 3 weeks during crunch-time and under pressure. Fantastic. Here she endures my demand for a picture.
From 2008-12-07

Her speech.
From 2008-12-07

Programs, getcher' programs!
From 2008-12-07

At the end of it all I was filled with undeserved pride, and imagined that this must be what real teachers feel like. Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment