Sunday, November 30, 2008

Training 232/P90X [T-1.]

Week off is officially done tonight/tomorrow AM. Took the P90X Fit Test today to make sure I passed the basic mins to kick off the program tomorrow... and I did. When I finish up the 90 days I'll post up the before/after stats.

This week off has been... odd. Not paying attention to what I ate and drank felt weird. Not working out left me feeling restless. I thought eating whatever I was craving would be cathartic, but honestly, even when I indulged, the food didn't really taste as good as I anticipated/remembered. I think watching what I was eating for the last 3 months reset my taste buds a little bit. None of it really tasted good enough to make me want to keep eating that way past this week. And not prepping my meals meant I found myself hungry at odd times and running to the konbini to pick up lunch. Not watching my water intake led me to drink entirely too much coffee instead of water, and left me feeling tired and dehydrated. [Plus I caught a little bit of a cold this past week as well, which didn't help.]

So really, bottom line, I'm glad this "free" week is over, and I'm glad to be getting back to the routine tomorrow.

P90X wkouts [tomorrow - chest, back and abs.] 5 meals a day. 3L water. Hit it as hard as I can for 90 days, and see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. i hear ya about food. i look at the bags and bags of cookies and chips but it all looks gross. i'm actually finding that with a big lunch, i'm not hungry around dinner time. the thai tea will end up getting me though...

    day 8
    exercise: opted for the 3km walk to/from work rather than a car lift. starts small.
    food: rice with sauteed chicken and mushroom (l), 4 slices sesame, multi-grain bread w/peanut butter, yogurt, half a pineapple and one papaya (d).
    drink: 1.5L water, one small thai tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i look at the bags and bags of cookies and chips but it all looks gross."

    You may, in fact, not actually be related to my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am back in my fries stage.

    day 9
    exercise: other than walk to work, not much else.
    food: chicken and rice noodles (l), chicken avocado lettuce tomato sandwich, fries, carrot cake-esque muffin (d).
    drink: 1.5L water and thai tea.

    day 10
    exercise: walk walk walk
    food: rice with boiled seasoned chicken (l), half a pear and deep fried banana slices (s), chinese cabbage in oyster sauce, carrot and corn soup, four slices garlic toast, one whole mango (d).
    drink: 1L water and thai tea.

    day 11
    exercise: more walking
    food: rice with chicken cooked with dried basil, one orange (l), chicken cheeseburger and fries (d), yogurt (s).
    drink: 1L water and thai tea. i'm sooo hooked.

    ReplyDelete