Monday, October 13, 2008

Shoes.

You know, when my oldest niece starts college, my youngest nephew starts high school, and my wife's 16 year old cousin wears shoes like this...
From 2008-10-12

...I may be getting older. Something must be done about this.

In other news no one cares about, all my shoes are apparently turning into either Crocs or Fivefingers...
From 2008-10-12

Crocs aren't the most attractive shoes in the world, but you know what? They totally work for me. The nice wide footbed and loose fit rocks pretty hard.

[Especially since, it seems, my feet are getting bigger as I get older. Does this happen to everyone? Why was I not told? I wore a 9.5, maybe a 10, all throughout college and the military, but in the last year and half, two years, I need a 10.5 or an 11 to work.]

Plus, going barefoot and wearing the Fivefingers a lot, anything that isn't a loose fit type show feels like my feet are being bound and gagged. [Metaphorically, of course.]

...and Crocs are really the perfect shoe clog for Japanese schools, as I'm forever changing on the go. Outside to inside. Inside to outside. Gym shoes to outside shoes. Inside shoes to gym shoes. On and on and on...

And now that Crocs make a Teva-clone, it's good to go. Though they were almost an internet fail purchase till I took a pair of scissors to them. Note to Crocs manufacturers... your selling point is the wide footbed/loose fit. Putting crappy non adjustable elasticized straps in your Tikali model = fail.

And now I've gone on so long I've bored myself. I must officially be a blogger now.

No comments:

Post a Comment