Monday, August 25, 2008

"Listen, I'm not joking. This is my job!" - Animal House (1978)

Summer vacation... Jr High kids off to New Zealand so no more eikaiwa classes, so my job equals email/internet and playing with kids...

Two hours of dodgeball, badminton, tag, wrestling/judo and origami... actually pretty damn exhausting. These midgets were full of sugar and caffeine or something...


Taking pictures is not that easy when the kids fire the dodgeball at your groin. [Not kidding.]


You know, I tried the whole stilts thing, but gave up after I nearly killed myself.

C'mon, you know this is adorable.

Sticker bribery. I like to buy children's affections.



Some kids act like they don't wanna be photographed.

But they do.

This kid was cool, but, ummm, emotional. Everytime I went to go play with other kids he'd get all upset and get near tears. I had to carefully apply zerberts, judo and stickers to prevent a meltdown.


This little kid was smaller than some of the others, so I made sure to pick him for my dodgeball team. When it came to sumo/judo/whatever he was doing, he was actually beating some of the bigger kids.


New ALT Rochelle dipping her foot in the waters of elementary school kids. She chose a much saner, more energy efficient teaching methodology than my standard running-around-like-a-crazy-person strategem.

During the afternoon the sky decided to open up, tagging the kids when the dodgeball got knocked outside...

...and ensuring that my bike ride home was interesting.


My origami haul from the day... kids love me. And also they didn't want to take their creations home.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment