Thursday, July 24, 2008

Joe Rogan continues his philosopher-king wisdom.

Just cracks me up.

Entertainment: Joe Rogan experiences fatherhood, Zen, UFC - OCRegister.com:
"Turning 40 hasn't fazed Rogan a bit. He says he's not the type of guy to complete or set any sort of goals by these age milestones.

'I think it's all nonsense and our calendar years are silly,' Rogan says. 'You are what you are – how old would you be or feel if you had no idea how old you really were or if you didn't have some sort of chronological time table to follow? People fall into traps because of work obligations and they feel they have to get serious and grow up or act more mature, it's a bunch of (bleep). We live and then we die, we are temporary beings and you should enjoy it to the fullest. If you're 60 and you wanna go to an amusement park, go to the (bleeping) amusement park, if you want ice cream, go get an ice cream if you want it. It really doesn't matter.'

... We're (humans) the craziest little weird talking monkeys ever, these weird animals riding around on this rock that's spinning through space – there's always something to talk about.

...The only reason why I did acting in the first place was for money and I really don't enjoy working with actors. It's not fun. I loved the people I worked with on "NewsRadio" but that was more the exception than the rule... It's an annoying existence to be working with a bunch of people who want attention and want to be praised for being good at pretending because that's all acting is, pretending. I don't hate all actors, I've worked with some great ones, but most of them aren't cool and the idea of working in an environment where 70 percent of the people are nightmares, I'd much rather not do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment