Sunday, April 27, 2008

Overheard Roundup... man, I've gotta catch up on my interneting'.

And Never Ride the Subway

Cute nerd girl playing Scrabble #1: How many Ts in frottage?
Cute nerd girl playing Scrabble #2: Frottage? What's that?
Cute nerd girl playing Scrabble #1: It's when you rub against someone in a crowd, sexually. Like dry humping.
Cute nerd girl playing Scrabble #2: Oh yeeeeah, I knew that. Jeez, I haven't heard that word since that Psychology of Sex class I took a few years ago.
Cute nerd girl playing Scrabble #1, enthusiastically: That's because you don't read enough slash!

--Starbucks, 2nd & 9th
via Overheard in New York, Apr 25, 2008

They Pull You in With Candy --Then, Bam, You're a Sinner!

Little girl: Daddy, daddy, will you buy me some Easter candy?
Father: No, sweetheart. We don't celebrate Easter--we're Jewish.
Little girl: But mommy buys me Easter candy!
Father: It's not my fault your mother has abandoned her principles.

--Times Square
via Overheard in New York, Apr 27, 2008

3PM "The Strong Man Is Mightiest Alone," He Said

Engineer during meeting: So I tried to ask Hitler yesterday, but he was no help.

Senlac Drive
Dallas, Texas

Overheard by: hope he doesn't know I'm jewish...
via Overheard in the Office, Apr 25, 2008

Isn't That Sweet?

[Skinny girl takes box of equal out of her pocket and puts half the packages in her coffee.]
Friend: What are you doing? You're going to get cancer!
Equal girl: Yeah, but I won't get fat.

--Starbucks
via Overheard in New York, Apr 25, 2008

I Miss This

Chick: Since we broke up you've been smoking a lot.
Guy: Yeah...
Chick: You shouldn't smoke.
Guy: You shouldn't suck so much dick but you don't hear me criticize you five times a day.
Chick: [Mouth wide open in shock.]
Guy: To start you should try closing your mouth!

--B Train

Overheard by: another now single smoker
via Overheard in New York, Apr 25, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment