Thursday, March 27, 2008

This kicked ass. - Everlast/Whitey Ford - Letters Home from the Garden of Stone.

Come a long way from Jump Around, that's for damn sure.

"...I try not to think about my family
cause it's a little too much take
Now here I got me and I got my buddy
Who can't afford even one mistake
I'm sorry about writing on dirty cardboard
It's the only paper I can find
Tell everyone I got their letters
Tell everyone I'm doing fine

Late at night when I can dream
I think about life back in the world
I miss you and Dad, Sister Sarah
I Miss my wife and baby girl
Pray for me pray for my soul ma
Pray for me and all my sins
They say I got a job to do now
I'll be back when it finally ends

Who you think I should be fighting
Mom are you proud are you ashamed
I really am trying to do the right thing
I hope my government can say the same

cause I won't know the man that kills me
and I don't know these man that I kill
We all wind up on the same side
cause not one of us doing God's will."

No comments:

Post a Comment