Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Graduation.







The 3rd graders graduated about a week and half ago, and as always, graduation ceremonies were the typical Japanese mix of ceremony, boredom, celebration and tears. It's always nice though, because no matter how many tears are shed [them, not me, of course. I am manly in all things] there's that sense of optimism and hope and "your whole life ahead of you" that somehow lifts up everything a notch. And I ride that for as long as humanly possible.



Yuui, above, was one of Makiko's students that I helped teach when we lived here 7 years ago... and now she's graduating Jr High. At the risk of being corny, I was awfully proud of her, watching her graduate.





This kid was, um... not the best student. But he was a good Judo player, so that necessitated hamming it up for the camera.



I don't know what we were doing here, but he seemed enthused. Go with the flow...



The kids prepare for their final walk out of the school...





And here they come, led by homeroom and PE teacher Shirake Sensei...



And there they go. Gambatte! Ometetou! Even you yanki kids...

There's more pics, mostly of me and the kids making the peace sign for the camera again and again... Click on the box below and you can see them all, if you're so inclined.

2007-03-18

No comments:

Post a Comment