Monday, December 25, 2006

Tsuyazaki Jr High School Bonenkai

Bonenkai - a Japanese word meaning "all you can drink" beer and sake. Okay, it actually means end-of-the year party. But in reality... yeah, same thing.



And for the price of admission, we got to draw for free stuff.




This man is a Jr High School principal. Who says Japanese folks don't know how to relax and have a good time? He's a great guy.



I may be large, shiny and pale... but I have a felt xmas tree, and that makes everything right with the world.



You know, I was doing pretty good, pacing myself and all... till Ken [gentleman on the left] came over, brought a bottle of sake, and we started doing shots. He's a very evil man, and I blame him for my hangover.



Ken and Ikebata-sensei, working on that bottle of sake.



...and the folks at school were kind enough to pick up a gift for my wife, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment